Keep the Festival Free!
French Quarter Festival 2014 Volunteer Registration IS NOW OPEN!
Volunteers make this Free Festival possible!
Volunteering at French Quarter Festival is a great way to meet new people, have fun and support the heritage of New Orleans.
There is a job for every interest at the French Quarter Festival. Click here to see the Volunteer Job Descriptions.
If you have questions or concerns about what volunteer positions will fit your needs best, please e-mail Kylee Kidder, Manager of Volunteers, at email@example.com.
For more details on booth locations you can click on our Volunteer Maps below. (Please note: details may change)
- River - Audubon Plaza
- River - Berger Lawn
- Jackson Square
- River - Kohlmeyer Lawn
- River - Palm Lawn
- US Mint
- Jax Lot
Please note: In an effort to better safeguard the festival grounds there will be bag checks at all RIVER locations. No outside beverages, weapons, pets or drugs will be allowed into the area. Please allow yourself additional time for procedure and any additional lines.
- All volunteers must be 16 years and older.
- All volunteers will be required to sign a waiver online or upon check-in.
- All volunteers serving alcohol must be 21 or older and will be required to read & sign the LA Responsible Alcohol Vendor Handbook.
- All volunteers must abide by the Volunteer Guidelines which will be covered in the registration process. (Feel free to review them by clicking here)
First time volunteers, in the New Orleans Metropolitan Area, working in Beer/Beverage/Merchandise booths will be required to attend one of two Volunteer Orientation Meetings. All types of volunteers are welcome. The meeting will review Volunteer Guidelines, how to pour a draft beer, how to operate the cash register and there will be a sneak peek at some of 2014 Festival Merchandise.
Volunteer Orientation Meetings
- Thursday, March 20, 6pm, Lions Club of Metairie, 1627 Metairie Road
- Saturday, March 22, 10am, Lions Club of Metairie, 1627 Metairie Road
Volunteer Check-in for all shifts at the US MINT will be located in the Headquarters Tent on the grounds of the US MINT.
- Volunteers working the first shift of the day should check in no more than 45 minutes prior to their shift.
- Volunteers working the second shift of the day may check in up to 1.5 hours prior to their shift in order to obtain food before their shift start time.
Volunteer Check-in for shifts at all other locations (River, J. Square, Jax Lot) will be located on the 2nd floor of Jax Brewery, 600 Decatur St.
(Should this information change, all volunteers will be notified.)
- Volunteers working the first shift(s) of the day should check in no more than 45 minutes prior to their shift.
- Volunteers working the LAST shift of the day may check in up to 1.5 hours prior to their shift in order to obtain food and before their shift start time.
Volunteers are asked to commit to at least one shift (of up to 5 hours) and will receive:
- A limited edition collectible Volunteer t-shirt, to be worn while volunteering.
- Food tickets for each volunteer, who works a complete shift.
- Loads of appreciation from the community & French Quarter Festival Staff and the satisfaction of a job well done!
Ready to sign-up to be a French Quarter Festival Volunteer?
These tutorial videos will teach you the steps if you need help.
How to register as a NEW VOLUNTEER(If you did not volunteer at Satchmo SummerFest 2013 you will need to create a new profile)
How to Log-in or Retrieve Forgotten Log-in/Password(This is for volunteers who have created a profile after May of 2013)
Sign-up for a Volunteer Shift(Use this video once you have registered and are logged in)
If you have questions or concerns about volunteering or your registration status please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to volunteer with your group?
We love volunteer teams! If you'd like to bring a group to volunteer, please create a group name. Once you register and sign-in you will be able to sign up your team (using their email addresses).
How to Sign-up Your Group(This tutorial video demonstrates how to sign up your group)
***Group slots fill quickly, so the earlier you sign up the better!***
Unable to volunteer this year?
Sign up for our mailing list at the bottom of the page and you will receive information about upcoming volunteer opportunities.
If you are ready to sign-up please click here to visit the Volunteer Calendar and select your shift or start your registration.
*Please note: If you have not volunteered since MAY 2013 you will need to register as a NEW VOLUNTEER.